Questions 21 to 25 are based on the following passage.
Nursing at Beth Israel Hospital produces the best patient care possible. If we are to solve the nursing shortage (不足), hospital administration and doctors everywhere would do well to follow Beth Israel’s example.
21. Which of the following best characterizes the main feature of the nursing system at Beth Israel Hospital?
A) The doctor gets more active professional support from the primary nurse.
B) Each patient is taken care of by a primary nurse day and night.
C) The primary nurse writes care plans for every patient.
D) The primary nurse keeps records of the patient’s health conditions every day.(A)
22. It can be inferred from the passage that ________.
A) compared with other hospitals nurse at Beth Israel Hospital are more patient
B) in most hospitals patient care is inadequate from the professional point of view
C) in most hospital nurse get low salaries
D) compared with other hospital nurses have to work longer hours at Beth Israel Hospital(B)
23. A primary nurse can propose a different approach of treatment when ________.
A) the present one is refused by the patient
B) the patient complains about the present one
C) the present one proves to be ineffective
D) the patient is found unwilling to cooperate(C)
24. The main difference between a nurse-manager and a head nurse is that the former ________.
A) is a member of the Medical Executive Committee of the hospital
B) has to arrange the work shifts of the unit’s nurses
C) can make decisions concerning the medical treatment of a patient
D) has full responsibility in the administration of the unit’s nurses(D)
25. The author’s attitude towards the nurse system at Beth Israel Hospital is ________.
A) nega ……此处隐藏5206个字……ion designs should not be encouraged since they are only welcomed by women.(A)
40. By saying “the conclusion to be drawn are obvious” (Para. 4, Line 1-2), the writer means that ________.
A) women’s inconstancy in their choice of clothing is often laughed at
B) women are better able to put up with discomfort
C) men are also exploited greatly by fashion designers
D) men are more reasonable in the matter of fashion(D)
Part II21. A 22. B 23. C 24. D 25. D 26. C 27. C 28. A 29. D 30. A 31. D 32. B 33. B 34. A 35. B 36. C 37. B 38. C 39. A 40. D